martes, 13 de enero de 2015

How to pray to get results!

 
January 12th

Our Father which art in heaven!

By Riqui Ricón*

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. (Luke 11.2-4).

The disciples, as millions of people today, wished to have such a personal relationship with God like the one they saw in Jesus himself; so they asked Him to teach them how to pray, this is, to teach them to talk to God.

The Lord Jesus gives us the fundamental instruction to learn where any possible relationship with God must come from: through Jesus Christ. This is, God looks at you, considers you and calls you His own Son!

SEE HOW VERY MUCH our heavenly Father loves us, for he allows us to be called his children—think of it—and we really are! But since most people don’t know God, naturally they don’t understand that we are his children.  (1 John 3.1 LB).

If God looks at you, considers you and calls you His own Son, then you should accept it and believe it, no matter the condition you are in right now.

Since your relationship with God is not about what you have done or are doing, or how you feel or see yourself, but what He says in His Word that relationship is, thanks to Jesus, then every attempt of communion with God in which you feel guilty or unworthy will always be a vain attempt because it is shallow and against God’s Word.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (John 3.16-17).

Always remember that God loves you so much that He preferred to give up His own Son, before losing you.

Now, it is funny to notice how, in Jesus’ time, the words one said had real weight and meaning and not only figuratively. In those times saying that God was your father meant literally that, that God almighty was your father, and therefore you have the same nature. The Bible teaches us that THAT was the main reason for which Jesus was crucified.

Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. (John 5.18).

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? (Jn 10.31-36).

I think that the jews didn’t mind that He healed the diseased on Saturdays, for, in honor to the Truth, they weren’t all that respectful to that rule. What really made them mad was that Jesus talked about God as His own Father and, of course, that He really believed it.

As I was saying, it is funny how now words are almost figuratively. It seems like today calling yourself a child of God only means to be alive or be part of the human gender. However, the Bible, which is God’s Word of Honor teaches us that God’s Children are those who have believed and received Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior of their lives; they are those who, through this act of faith, have been regenerated by the same power that rose Jesus from the death; those who, by Jesus’ Blood, have full rights to a new life but not as creatures anymore, but as Children of God, Born Again.

This is what the “Our Father which art in heaven” really means. This is Jesus’ most amazing and valuable lesson, that you are a Child of God; that you are loved by the Father and, therefore, you can go up to Him with full certainty and trust, for the relationship you and He have is a relationship of Father and Son.

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? (Luke 11.9-13).

So, the best way to pray to get results will always be that you approach God knowing and believing you are His authentic and legitimate child. Then you will stop begging like a forsaken creature and start approaching your heavenly Father with complete  certainty of FAITH, for HE WILL ALWAYS answer His Children’s calls.

How much does God love you! You are a legitimate Child of the King of kings and Lord of lords! You will never again be alone! Now you have a Father that looks after you!

Let’s pray out loud:

Abba, Father! Beloved God, today I can, with full certainty and complete confidence, call you my Father. Thank you, Lord, for so much and so great love, that when I was dead in crimes and sins you gave me life together with Jesus Christ. I am saved by grace! Lord Jesus, Your beautiful Blood was spilled in that cross so I’d be justifies; Your resurrection opened the way to Eternal Life so I’d be adopted as Child of God, according to the pure affection of His Will. Thanks a mil, Lord Jesus! I am an heir of God and co heir with Christ! I have been destined to be made according to Your image, my Lord Jesus Christ, so now You are my older brother. Thank you, thank you so much Lord. This is why, because of your Love toward me, I believe and declare that I, _________________ (your name here) am healthy! I am free! I am prosperous! I am a Child of God! I am happy! Thank you Father! I bless Your Name and declare that the best of my life has already started. I am more than a conqueror in ALL thing! I can do all in Christ! Greater is He who is in me than the one who’s in the world! Even though I walk in the valley of shadow of death I will fear no evil for You will be with me; your rod and your staff comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies: you anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in Your house, Lord, in your presence, for ever. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Note of importance:

How do I become a Child of God? How do I establish my relationship with the Almighty?

Simply say this prayer, placing all of your attention and heart into what you’re saying to God:

Lord Jesus, I believe that you are the Son of God. That you came to this world from the Virgin Mary to pay for all of my sins, and I have been a sinner. This is why today I tell you, I accept. I accept your sacrifice on the cross! Yes, I accept Your precious Blood, spilled to the very last drop, out of love for me! I open my heart to you and invite you in, because I want you, oh Lord Jesus, to be my one and only Savior, my God, my King, my Lord. Thank you, God Almighty, for with this simple prayer and declaration of faith I have come from death to Life, I have been displaced from the shadows and into Your marvelous Light. Today I have been Reborn! God I am now Your Child! You are my Father now! I will never again be alone! Never again will I live defeated. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Ricardo C. Peredo Jaime © 2012



Reading and Meditating on God’s Word.

Do these daily readings and by the end of one year you will have read the entire Bible.

JANUARY 12TH                Luke 11.1-28  /  Gen 19  /  Psalm 12

 
 
 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario