lunes, 1 de diciembre de 2014

How to please God!

 
December 1st

God delights in you!

By Riqui Ricón*

His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of the warrior; the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. (Ps 147.10-11 NIV)

Did you know you can please God, indulge Him? In the old ages people thought God was pleased with the blood of the sacrifices and the burnt offering. Today, there are still some people that believe that by doing some sort of sacrifice in their economy or their bodies or offering the suffering that a tragedy or disease brings, they can please God.

There is nothing further from the Truth! When King Saul tried to please God with his sacrifices instead of obeying His Word, he only received the rejection and destitution of his post.

And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king. (1Sa 15.22-23)

God is not indulged in the strength of the horse nor is He pleased in the deftness of men, it’s not the praise and worship what he really likes. As if Him, the almighty, had the need of being adored by his creatures.

The Bible, which is God’s Word and does not lie, teaches you clearly that only one thing pleases God:

 It always gives me the greatest joy when I hear that my children are following the way of truth. (3 Joh 1.4 ERV)

Faith is believing God, believing His Word and when God hears that you walk in Truth, which is His Word, the Bible, then he rejoices with your faith.

 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Heb 11.6)

That’s right, my loved one, it is your faith what pleases and indulges your heavenly Father. He pleases in you when you believe Him, believing His Word. Only when you decide to believe that you are the person that He says in the Bible you now are, his loved Child, you start pleasing and indulging God.

When, because of your faith (believing what His Word says), you start living that plentiful and abundant life that God planned for you, you can be sure that you are pleasing and indulging God.

Pay close attention, for as victorious as you can come out of afflictions, God does not indulges in seeing you submerged in problems or diseases, waiting to see if you can solve them. What kind of Father would He be? No! God indulges in seeing you facing life with love, joy and peace. God indulges in you having the certainty of being a loved Child, capable of being more than a conqueror in all things.

Any way, God is pleases when he sees that you have believed His Word and live in It.

 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (Joh 3.16-17)

God is pleased when you really believe that He loved you so much that he preffered to give up His own Son before losing you.

What pleases God is not something you have or can do, but what you now are in Jesus Christ.

See how very much our heavenly Father loves us, for he allows us to be called his children—think of it—and we really are! But since most people don’t know God, naturally they don’t understand that we are his children. (1 Joh 3.1 LB)

When you set in your mouth, mind and heart God’s Word to face the challenges life puts ahead of you, and filled with faith you say: I can do all in Christ who strengths me; I am more than a conqueror in all problem, disease or affliction through He who loved me, Jesus Christ; I’m God’s and I have defeated for greater is He who is in me than the one who’s in the world; if God is with me, who will go against me? Etc., This is how you show your identity as the Child of the King and, then, God pleases in you!

Lets pray out loud:

Dear heavenly Father, I want to tell you this day that I believe and receive all that you did with me because of your Love to me. I want you to be pleased with my faith. I believe in you, I believe Your Word, the Bible, and I have decided to live pleasing You, my God. Jesus, You are my Lord, King and Savior. All that I am now, I am because of You. I have been justified by Your Blood; by Your death my Father has forgiven me and by Your resurrection You have given me Eternal Life. Because of the Law of the Spirit of Life in Jesus Christ You have made me free from the law of sin and death! Now I am a Child of God, Born Again, not from a corruptible seed but from the incorruptible one which is God’s Word which lives and lingers forever! So, with all authority and to please You, my God, I resist the spirit of fear and doubt, I cast away from my life the disease, poverty and depression. I receive my health, prosperity, freedom and joy. I am healthy! I am free! I am prosperous! I am joyful! I am a Child of the King of kings and Lord of lords! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Note of importance:

How do I become a Child of God? How do I establish my relationship with the Almighty?

Simply say this prayer, placing all of your attention and heart into what you’re saying to God:

Lord Jesus, I believe that you are the Son of God. That you came to this world from the Virgen Mary to pay for all of my sins, and I have been a sinner. This is why today I tell you, I accept. I accept your sacrifice on the cross! Yes, I accept Your precious Blood, spilled to the very last drop, out of love for me! I open my heart to you and invite you in, because I want you, oh Lord Jesus, to be my one and only Savior, my God, my King, my Lord. Thank you, God Almighty, for with this simple prayer and declaration of faith I have come from death to Life, I have been displaced from the shadows and into Your marvelous Light. Today I have been Reborn! God I am now Your Child! You are now my Father! I will never again be alone! Never again will I live defeated. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Ricardo C. Peredo Jaime © 2012

 


Reading and Meditating on God’s Word.

Do these daily readings and by the end of one year you will have read all the Bible.

December 1                                  Gal 5.1-15   /  Lam 5  /  Ps 147

 

 
 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario