miércoles, 3 de diciembre de 2014

How to fight the Good Battle!


 
December 3th

Don’t let yourself be fooled!

By Riqui Ricón*

 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Ga 6.7-8)

Before starting this reflection and so there aren’t any misunderstandings, it is necessary to clarify that, according to the Scriptures, you as a believer, as a Child of God, Born Again, are qualified by God, your Father, to ALWAYS resist the works of the flesh and, obviously, you have the power and authority to not give sin a place in your life. Let’s see how this works.

There are some who believe that the only way to defeat sin is resisting it with strength, the works of the flesh, for doing it any other way would mean to lose salvation and, therefore, lose the new nature that God gave us with the death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus.

They think that, BELIEVING that the price that was paid in that cross is sufficient and complete, is not enough; that, BELIEVING that the law of the Spirit of life in Jesus Christ has ALREADY MADE us free from the law of sin and death, is not enough; and that they need to resist, at all cost, with all their strength, sin and don’t give into the flesh.

Even though this way of thinking seems the right one and theologically well oriented, thinking like this is exactly the opposite to what is wanted; thinking like this is the easiest way to give into flesh and to give a permanent place to sin in your life.

The deception lies in fighting against the flesh and against the sin with your strength and your will and not with your faith (believing God, believing His Word) Of course you need to fight! But not with your strength or resources.

 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. (1 Ti 6.12)

You are a Child of God, Born Again and according to the Words of Jesus Christ, you no longer are from this world (Joh 17.14). Therefore, there is a continuous and permanent war from the system of this world against you and the instruction of your God, your Father, is to fight with your faith, this is, believing Him, believing His Word.

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; (2 Co 10.4-5)

So, don’t fight with your strength, but with your faith. Allow the reading and meditating on the Bible and the prayers strengthen your faith and will so you can act and manifest the works of justice that God prepared beforehand for you to walk in.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Heb 11.6)

Only through faith, believing God, believing His Word, can you defeat and manifest as a Child of the King to please your heavenly Father!

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. (Ro 1.16-17)

This is the key to the good battle of the faith: In the Gospel, in the Good News of Jesus Christ, the justice of God is revealed to you for believing God, believing His Word, and by believing God, believing His word, as it is written: The just one will live by believing God, believing His Word.

 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. (Ro 14.23)

The Scripture is determinant in this: God’s Children, Born Again can only live by faith.

Therefore, according to the Bible, anything you do and can’t back up with God’s Word is sin, since you can’t do it by faith.

Sin and the flesh will have a place in your life while you’re still fighting against them instead of believing and accepting what God’s Word says about it. Believing God means believing and accepting that Jesus already defeated sin and death and made you free from it, so, nor sin nor death take part in your NEW NATURE.

Of course, I say that this is not about, as many think, a misunderstood super grace or super faith that allows you to sin and be scot-free. No! None of that!

God cannot be fooled: for everything that the man sows, this too shall he reap!

It’s more about believing who you are in Jesus Christ: a Child of God, Born Again, Born from the Spirit and, therefore, it’s about believing that you are SPIRIT NOW and not flesh.

 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (Joh 3.5-6)

Now you are in Christ and are a new creature. Your New Nature is completely different from the one you had before accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Satan will always try to convince you with his lies to make you believe that you still are the same sinner you were before. But this would be contrary to what the Bible teaches you.

Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.  The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.  The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God. You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ,they do not belong to Christ. (Ro 8.5-9 NIV)

The fact that you are reading this devotional is more than enough proof that you are not carnal, but spiritual. The Truth is that you live not according to the relish of the flesh but seek and want the manifestations of the Spirit every day of your life.

Sinners sin, this is what they know and what they like. But you, for believing in Jesus, have been Born Again and not from a corruptible seed but from the incorruptible one which is God’s Word, which lives and lingers forever.

It’s the God’s Word the one that has enabled you with the necessary faith to resist the works of the flesh and establish your victory upon sin (the victory that Jesus Christ won for you). As the scripture says:

 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.(Eph 2.8-10)

So, don’t fool yourself, God cannot be outsmarted, WHOEVER sows for the flesh, will reap corruption from the flesh. However, WHOEVER sows for the Spirit, in faith, believing God and His Word, shall receive Eternal and abundant Life.

 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (Joh 10.10)

God’s Children, Born Again, when we fall we rise, for if we sin, instead of alienate ourselves from God, we run towards Him; WE REPENT, confess our sins and He is faithful and JUST to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all evil. (1 Joh 1.9)

You are not a saved sinner by grace, that would be folly; either you are saved or a sinner. As we stated before, sinners sin, that’s what they know and do.

Don’t let yourself be fooled, use your faith and decide to live believing that you are that Child of God that the Bible says you are and, then, for sure you will be sowing for the Spirit.

Lets pray out loud:

Dear heavenly Father, thank you so much because in Your Word, the Words that have come out of Your mouth, you have declared me Your Son through the faith in Jesus Christ. Thank you Lord Jesus, because Your sacrifice was complete, perfec and finished. There was nothing left pending. I have been justified in Your Blood and by Your Life I have received Eternal Life, the plentiful and abundant Life that only God’s Children can enjoy. Thank you because Your Word, the Bible, gives me the faculty to dispose of the old man (woman), as for the old way of living, who is stalled in the tricky desires, and stirs me in the spirit of my mind and dresses me in the new man (woman) created according to God in the justice and holiness of the Truth.  So, I come today to You, Abba, Father; I repent from all my sins and ask for your forgiveness, I have failed and this is something I don’t want to do any more. Holy Spirit, clean me from all evil; help me believe I am that Son of Yours created in justice and holiness of truth, for with my faith, none of that old man (woman) will ever manifest in my life again. The Law of the spirit of Life in Jesus Christ has made me free from the law of sin and death. God, I am what You say I am in your word: Your loved Child. Therefore, I know, and thus I state, that I will come out more than a conqueror from all problem, disease or affliction through Your Love, Jesus Christ. I can do all! I reject every thought or feeling of damnation in my life! I am Born Again! I walk, live, think, and breath according to the Spirit! I live not according to my flesh! The Law of the spirit of Life in Jesus Christ has made me free from the law of sin and death. I am determined, with Your help, Holy Spirit, to live steady with the freedom with which Christ has made me free and I will no longer be, nor will I ever be again subject to the yoke of slavery! So, with this authority that You have given me, Father, I resist the spirit of fear and doubt, I cast away from my life the disease, poverty, sadness and depression. I receive my health, prosperity, freedom and joy. I am healthy! I am free! I am prosperous! I am joyful! I am a Child of God, Born Again! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Note of importance:

How do I become a Child of God? How do I establish my relationship with the Almighty?

Simply say this prayer, placing all of your attention and heart into what you’re saying to God:

Lord Jesus, I believe that you are the Son of God. That you came to this world from the Virgen Mary to pay for all of my sins, and I have been a sinner. This is why today I tell you, I accept. I accept your sacrifice on the cross! Yes, I accept Your precious Blood, spilled to the very last drop, out of love for me! I open my heart to you and invite you in, because I want you, oh Lord Jesus, to be my one and only Savior, my God, my King, my Lord. Thank you, God Almighty, for with this simple prayer and declaration of faith I have come from death to Life, I have been displaced from the shadows and into Your marvelous Light. Today I have been Reborn! God I am now Your Child! You are now my Father! I will never again be alone! Never again will I live defeated. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Ricardo C. Peredo Jaime © 2012

 


Reading and Meditating on God’s Word.

Do these daily readings and by the end of one year you will have read all the Bible.

December 3rd                             Gal 6   /  Ez 2-3  /  Ps 149

 

 
 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario