martes, 18 de noviembre de 2014

What is the new covenant?

 
November 18th.

A better covenant!

By Riqui Ricón*

 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. (1 Pe 1: 3-5 NIV)

The Scripture readings for this day are among the most amazing within the Bible. They describe the Perfect and Infallible Plan full of love that God has for you. Read again the verses leading this brief study and meditate its whole teaching:

1.    By His Love, manifested in Jesus Christ, God gave you a new birth. He will not do it, He has already done it. So, as Jesus said to Nicodemus in John’s Gospel Chapter 3, you are already approved, trained to see and enter the Kingdom of God, which is set here and now, on earth.

2.    The Kingdom of God, and the consequent Life of the Kingdom, is the unfading, incorruptible, undefiled, and never fading inheritance, which IS ALREADY RESERVED for you, as the Son of God born again.

3.    You are kept by the power of God through faith (believing Him, believing His Word) in order to achieve salvation, that is, the fullness of life that God has prepared for you to manifest at this time, here and now.

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? (Ro 8:31)

In the Plan of God for your life there is not the slightest chance of failure! Through faith, trough believing in God, believing in His Word, You were born again to a nature and heritage that cannot be corrupted because now, unlike your carnal birth Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Joh 1:3)

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. (1 Pe 1:23)

God loves you so much that he preferred to deliver His own Son rather than lose you so, that by the faith in Jesus Christ, you were made ​​born again son of God

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (Joh 3:16-17)

Now, if you notice, the new birth does not depend on you, or your efforts to lead a better life, or nothing you can do; you were born again when you believed what the Bible says:

 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Ro 10:8-13)

 

Unfortunately many believers think that the sentence to be saved only means having obtained their entry pass to heaven and that, only if they take care of it with fear and trembling. So the gift that God gave them through the death and resurrection of His Son Jesus Christ can be lost at any time if they are not constantly watching.

This terrible mistake stems from considering the word salvation just like going to heaven and not what it really means: full, abundant life in health, prosperity and victory; a life full of love, joy and peace. This is what Jesus Christ REALLY did for us when He declared everything is consummated and delivered his spirit at the cross.

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost. (Joh 19:30)

God would not deliver the life of His Son Jesus for love, and then put such a gift in the hands of human beings who, though forgiven, retain their corrupt nature in trespasses and sins. No, not at all! He decided not to give another opportunity to the human nature that had failed so many times in the Old Covenant; Now God would accomplish in you what he had promised: a NEW COVENANT, a totally different way of conducting our relationship with Him.

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more (Jer 31:31-34)

 

Again, the Bible rightly says that Jesus Christ is guarantor and mediator of a new covenant, a better covenant established upon better promises.

 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.  And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.  I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. (Eze 36:25-30)

 

This means salvation! This is the NEW COVENANT! Not a gift from God that you can lose at any time, but a Perfect Plan of Love which includes being provided with a BRAND NEW nature. A New Nature which is no longer sold under sin, but it is a faith-filled New Nature: The nature of a Son (Daughter) of God BORN AGAIN.

This means that now, you have been created by BRAND NEW God in a nature UNABLE to fail anymore because, in truth, through faith, believing God, believing His Word, you have the very nature of God.

And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires. (2 Pe 1:4 NLT)

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. (1 Joh 4:17)

 

Is not the same to continually fight against the flesh, trying to please God, spending days in battles with ephemeral victories and constant defeats, than, by faith, by believing God, by believing His Word, believing that you are the person God says in his Word, the Bible, that you are and therefore you simply shed the old man who is corrupt according to the deceitful desires.

Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient. We were misled and became slaves to many lusts and pleasures. Our lives were full of evil and envy, and we hated each other. But—When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love,  he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior.  Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life. (Tit 3:3-7 NLT)

How do you do this? Renewing in the spirit of your mind through reading and meditation on the Word of God, which produces faith so you dress yourself of the new man (which you are now), created in righteousness and true holiness according to God.

Here there is permanent victory! In this there is freedom!

So it is, my beloved, this is the New Covenant New Life!

Lets pray out loud:

Dear Heavenly Father, You are amazing. I marvel so of Your love and how perfect  Your Plan of salvation and redemption for my life is. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for You made it real to me and put it within my reach just by believing, believing Your Word and therefore believing you. I believe in You Lord! I believe in Your sacrifice of love! I believe in Your precious Blood shed to the last drop for love for me! I believe that on the cross You paid for absolutely ALL my sins and therefore, I no longer have to pay! I believe in Your resurrection! I believe that You, Jesus, are the Lord, my Lord and Savior! I receive Your Love! I receive Eternal Life, New Life, that You bought for me by dying on the cross and rising from the dead! Because You live, I live! Because of  You, Jesus, I have Eternal Life, New Life, full and abundant life. This is my right! It wasn’t before, but it is now. According to Your word now I'm like You, Lord Jesus. So I resist every spirit of fear and doubt. I cast out of my life the disease, poverty, shortage, sorrow, pain, bitterness, resentment and depression. By the Blood of the New Covenant, I get what's mine: Health, Prosperity, Joy, Peace and Love. I am, by the New Covenant in the Blood of Jesus, the Son of God Born Again, and I'm alive to live an eternal, full and abundant life. So, I believe and I declare that to every problem, disease or affliction, I, __________ (your name here), am more than a conqueror through Him who loves me, Jesus Christ. I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me! A thousand will fall at my side and ten thousand more to my right but nothing will get to me, for though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you, Lord, are with me. And though my father and my mother forsake me, yet, You, my God, will lift me up. I'm healthy! I am free! I am joyful! In Jesus name. Amen.

Note of importance:

How do I become a Child of God? How do I establish my relationship with the Almighty?

Simply say this prayer, placing all of your attention and heart into what you’re saying to God:

Lord Jesus, I believe that you are the Son of God. That you came to this world from the Virgen Mary to pay for all of my sins, and I have been a sinner. This is why today I tell you, I accept. I accept your sacrifice on the cross! Yes, I accept Your precious Blood, spilled to the very last drop, out of love for me! I open my heart to you and invite you in, because I want you, oh Lord Jesus, to be my one and only Savior, my God, my King, my Lord. Thank you, God Almighty, for with this simple prayer and declaration of faith I have come from death to Life, I have been displaced from the shadows and into Your marvelous Light. Today I have been Reborn! God I am now Your Child! You are now my Father! I will never again be alone! Never again will I live defeated. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Ricardo C. Peredo Jaime © 2012

 


Reading and Meditating on God’s Word.

Do these daily readings and by the end of one year you will have read all the Bible.

November 18th                                            1 Pe 1   /  Jer 31-32  /  Ps 134

 

 
 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario