jueves, 27 de noviembre de 2014

How do you prepare yourself for victory!

 
November 27th

Here is your Victory!

By Riqui Ricón*

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified (Ga 2. 16).

The works of the law are those that you perform on your own merit and effort when you are trying to enforce the law of God with your own strength so you can be on good terms with the Lord and also, to enjoy His presence and His promises. As you can read in the Bible, this is and always will be a futile effort.

The Bible is the Word of God and cannot lie, it teaches you that the works of the law are the product of the flesh, while the works of faith, those you make believing in God, believing His Word, are spiritual because they are produced by the spirit.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit…For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace… Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be…So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. (Ro 8.5-8)

The good news (and the really interesting thing here), is that you're not of the flesh but you really are of the Spirit (otherwise you would not be reading this reflection). You are a child of God Born Again and no longer live accordingly with your flesh, but now you live accordingly to the Spirit.

Those who let themselves be controlled by their lower natures live only to please themselves, but those who follow after the Holy Spirit find themselves doing those things that please God… Following after the Holy Spirit leads to life and peace, but following after the old nature leads to death because the old sinful nature within us is against God. It never did obey God’s laws and it never will… That’s why those who are still under the control of their old sinful selves, bent on following their old evil desires, can never please God. (Ro 8.5-8 LB).

In fact, if you want to please God all you need is faith, that is, to believe God by believing His Word, it is written that without faith it is impossible to please God; But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Heb 11.6)

To be justified means to be declared righteous by God, who is the judge of all the universe. Your justification is not the result of the work you did, or that you can do, but salvation is the result of your faith in the work of Jesus Christ.

Your justification is the result of believing what God says: that Jesus was the only begotten Son of God, who gave himself for love to you, to PAY ALL your sins and thus set you free from that old sinful nature that cannot or will not obey God.

But now you have been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. (1 Pe 1.23).

So, you are now a new creature, you have an entirely new and incorruptible nature and you are free of any prosecution or charge that you could be possibly imputed

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death… For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh… That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (Ro 8.2-4).

Pay close attention here, because when you sin and there is no man or woman who does not sin (If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 Joh 1.1) this does not mean that you live according to the flesh, for the Truth is that your spirit and the Holy Spirit that lives in you, guides you to repentance to always live according to the Spirit.

So there is no other way to be on good terms with the Lord and to enjoy His presence and His promises other than through the faith in Jesus Christ.

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him (Heb 11.6 NIV).

This does not mean you should not act and live according to the Word of God, but on the contrary, now, as a Son of God Born Again you act accordingly to your beliefs:

• God loves you so much that he preferred giving His own Son to pay for all your sins rather than losing you.

• That, God has declared you righteous trough the faith in Jesus Christ.

• So NOW you think, speak and live like righteous because that is what you are and

• You do not practice sin anymore.

It is this identity that comes from your faith in God's Word, which now drives you to act and live according to what you believe and declare that you are.

Here is your victory!

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?(1 Joh 5.4-5)

Always remember that it is not what you do or can do for God what defines you. What defines you is what God says in His Word about who are you now. The Bible, the Word of God, is the Absolute Truth, and the Truth, establishes that by the redemptive work of the Cross and the victory of Jesus over death, you are now a child of God Born Again not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible seed which is the Word of God which lives and abides forever.

So, whatever the problem, sorrow, sickness or challenge you are facing today, Stand on your identity as Son of God, discard all condemnation; if you've fallen and repent and confess your sin because He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all evil (1 Joh 1.9b). And finally, prepare to come out more than conqueror in all things.

Pray outloud:

Dear Heavenly Father, You said in Your Word (and I believe so), that I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me; The life I live in the flesh I live it by the faith of Your Son, Jesus, who loved me and delivered himself for me. Father, today I understand a little more of Your Great Love and Grace and therefore I won’t discharge it; for if the law was justice, then Jesus Christ would have died in vain. Therefore, I am determined not to think, speak or feel about me as a failure, or frustrated, or defeated, or hypocritical, or any other thought, word or attitude of deceit or lying to myself. By Your Grace and Love I am what I am. By Your Grace and Love I, ___________ (your name here),  am who You say in the Bible that I am: justified and forgiven; a born again Son of Yours. So, I have all the authority and freedom to act and live what I am stating now: just, holy and perfect. Not because I have to as if I lack of it, but because, thanks to You, Jesus, that's what I am. Consequently, on this day, I plead myself healthy, free, prosperous and peaceful to live the full and abundant life that You, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, bought for me. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Note of importance:

How do I become a Child of God? How do I establish my relationship with the Almighty?

Simply say this prayer, placing all of your attention and heart into what you’re saying to God:

Lord Jesus, I believe that you are the Son of God. That you came to this world from the Virgen Mary to pay for all of my sins, and I have been a sinner. This is why today I tell you, I accept. I accept your sacrifice on the cross! Yes, I accept Your precious Blood, spilled to the very last drop, out of love for me! I open my heart to you and invite you in, because I want you, oh Lord Jesus, to be my one and only Savior, my God, my King, my Lord. Thank you, God Almighty, for with this simple prayer and declaration of faith I have come from death to Life, I have been displaced from the shadows and into Your marvelous Light. Today I have been Reborn! God I am now Your Child! You are now my Father! I will never again be alone! Never again will I live defeated. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Ricardo C. Peredo Jaime © 2012

 


Reading and Meditating on God’s Word.

Do these daily readings and by the end of one year you will have read all the Bible.

November 27th                              Gal 2   /  Jer 49-50  /  Ps 143

 

 
 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario